The month of May has been absolutely beautiful. Flowers are blooming-okay have already bloomed- and the sun has graced us with its presence. Guys, the year 2017 is almost halfway over. MAYDAY MAYDAY I’M NOT READY. But, before we panic about the time passing by so quickly, I think it’s important to pause, take a deep breath, and remember the good that’s happened so far.
I think it’s easy to focus on time flying by, and focusing on what could’ve been done, what went wrong, and what you wish could happen. But the more we do this, the more time flies by with negative thoughts and worries in our heads!
So I just wanted to welcome everyone to write down some awesome things that have happened within the last couple weeks, and if you have enough time or energy, write down awesome things that’s happened so far in 2017!!
Let’s mark the middle of the year with some awesome stuff friends!
Let’s start of easy, what are some good things that happened today?
- simple stuff (I’m talking really really simple stuff)? stuff that made you smile?
- talked to my housemate on our way to the bus. always a nice little chat.
- saw a cute dog
- ate a banana and granola bar which is my favorite combination
2. awesome random stuff that doesn’t really happen often? (obviously some days you won’t have this but when you do its fun to think about!)
- got a free shirt from a little fair in the quad!
- went out to eat with my other housemate (I don’t eat out a lot because I’m always boring and studying + money!!!!)
Great things that happened this week?
- finished most of my midterms!
- laid on the grass with my friend this time
- ate fantastic chow mein
- visited my schools greenhouses for the first time and saw a plant from the Philippines!
I would say those two categories would be enough to think about for the day, the week, or the month. It’s always nice to keep track of the great things that happen during the day. Not marking it down like a crazy person, but just remembering the good in our life here and there.
It helps you realize that your life isn’t 100% composed of stress.
Instead of panicking about how fast time is going, think back to all the great little things that happened in the past, and how many more great and exciting things can fill up in our future!
Just a quick short post to keep everyone’s spirits up during spring!